1. I didn’t blog at all last week. I think the lack of knitting for so long left me in a funk; I was not fit company.
2. The problem with being mildly OCD is that you have a lot of trouble settling for plan B even if plan B is perfectly reasonable. I found 3/8″ grosgrain ribbon in the exact shade that I wanted at the 5th store I tried.
3. No, I did not see Batman – 2 hours and 45 minutes is longer than I want to sit in a theater for any movie that isn’t about an epic war (think Gone with the Wind, Braveheart). And also, Christian Bale just doesn’t move me. Michael Keaton is and always will be Batman…..I’m sad about the Colorado shooting – feel like the midnight movie folks are my peeps…what a senseless tragedy.
4. The Annetrelac socks that I started in September of last year are finished. It took me over a month to finish just the toes of the last sock because I was just more interested in my Hunter Hammersen socks in progress. As I got back into knitting after my hiatus, I had to start with stockinette and lo, the second sock fell off the needles completed.
5. Speaking of Hunter, she has a new mini-book out. It looks fab! Check it out!
I want to make a chocolate colored Uproar Cuff out of this book for myself and wear it like a bracelet…..with a pewter button. What do we think? hip like Johnny Depp or will look like I’m trying to be hip? (probably not a good sign if I’m using the word “hip”).
Tags: Annetrelac, cuffs, hunter hammersen, socks