Overall, this was a fun romantic comedy. The Husband thought it was just ok (I think this rom. com. was just a hair light on the com. for him.)
On to the important stuff….the knits. There were some nice sweaters and a couple of scarves in this movie.
1. Michael B. Jordan (Mikey) sports a couple of cardigans. The cable one with a shawl collar and pockets was the most interesting to me, but you know I’m a sucker for cables.
2. He was also wearing a fine-gauge gray v-necked sweater. Layered with a jacket and a gray worsted weight knit scarf, it’s a really sharp look.
3. Zac Efron (Jason) wore a gray sweater that had a bright liner that I liked the idea of.
4. In other news, whoever put a denim shirt on Zac Effron for one scene really needed to rethink that decision….(sound of me making sure there are no denim shirts in my closet of any sort). pro-tip: If Zac Effron can’t pull it off…….
5. Imogen Poots (Ellie) was wearing a scarf that looked like it might have been a pretty lace pattern but we never got a really good look at it. When I watch the DVD at home, you can bet I’ll be pausing to check that out.
So, for me, I say go ahead and check this movie out. I should disclaim that I love nearly all rom. coms….oh, and it’s rated R, so don’t take your mum.
Running time: 94 mins.
Tags: knitting movie review, That Awkward Moment