New Year’s Resolutions 2014
1. Frequent more local eateries.
2. Finish the quilting project I’ve been working on by April 15.
It was more like December 15 and I had to outsource it, but more on that later.
3. Don’t be jealous, but I also spent New Year’s Eve cleaning off my desk while enjoying a mimosa. That’s how I roll. Start 2014 with a (mostly) clean desk.
Why yes, I do stack my resolutions in my favor. Why do you ask?
6. Take more time to smell the knitting (or roses).
9. Do NOT buy any more items for wrapping gifts. My gift-wrapping supply inventory still makes my yarn stash seem sane.
The intent was actually not to buy any new Christmas paper…
4. Continue to enjoy driving my all electric Nissan Leaf! 37k + gas free miles and counting! (Stop spending the money I’m saving on yarn. The stash is getting out of control.)
Who am I kidding; there were yarny purchases.
5. Eat more fresh fruits and veggies and frequent the farmer’s market.
8. Finish 14 pairs of socks.
Caffeine Socks (they’re in this lovely pile)
Sydney’s Nose Colored Socks (they’re in the pile too)
8. Try 1 new healthy recipe per month.
7. Increase my machine sewing comfort level (from you know, almost none).
It looks like I didn’t make a bloggy resolution in 2014. Which works out well because I discovered Instagram 47 weeks ago and I LOVE IT! If you like these pics, there are more to be seen there (@katiemetzroth).
I read an idea for resolutions whilst researching decluttering that suggested one resolution a month. I love that idea, so here’s January:
Declutter and do not buy things that do not spark JOY.
I’m reading “The Life-Changing Art of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing” and am loving it. I’ve already donated one truckload and two carloads of stuff and I still have a ways to go. Luckily, it’s only January 6th.
This also means that I’d like to buy as little yarn as possible because I already have PLENTY that I adore. I calculated that at the rate I knit, it would take me approximately 8.43 years to knit through my stash. approximately.