This is where I’ll chronicle my journey and life project to have 50 people in my life that are sock-worthy and to hand knit a pair of socks for each of these special people.
In no particular order, they are:
1. Mom – No one on Earth loves me like my mom. Sometimes, only your mom can heal a hurt. She’s a powerful woman.
2. Dad – He’s one of a kind. His sense of humor is without equal and he’s one of the best storytellers on the planet…..which is the reason I still love him despite the fact that he took months to try on the hand knit socks I mailed him. Something about him needing his feet to be clean. I’m not sure why his feet weren’t clean for months, but there you have it.
3. The Husband – He puts up with me knitting ALL THE TIME. He’s a saint.
4. Grammy – She’s a heck of a lady and I hope she knows how much she means to me. She is my favorite garden consultant.
5. Grandma – Clark Gable once bought her a Coke. She’s the coolest.
6. Turtle – We’ve known each other practically since birth. She continues to be incredibly supportive of my knitting and me in general. She’s a fantastic person to have in your corner.
7. Jbird – Her love of math and her willingness to visit yarn shops with me inspired entrelac socks….doesn’t hurt that she puts up with my little brother.
8. Rebecca – She stalked the blog when no one else was reading it. I’m forever grateful.
9. me – we’ve already discussed that I’m awesome…plus my feet are the easiest for me to fit.
10. Bonita – She loaned me Walking Dead DVD’s and taught me that it is ok if friends arrive for a party and the soup is still cooking. That’s why one needs true friends. This is her.
11. E – She’s a smart beautiful girl that will grow up to be a bright spot in the world.
12. Lolo – She’s like a grandmother. I think she and Hotshot took us to our first movie (ET) if I’m not mistaken and you know how I feel about films.
13. my hairstylist/therapist – I’m in my mid-thirties and even though I’m going gray, I’ve never felt better about my hair. She’s a magician.
14. Nephew – a picture is worth a thousand words.
15. L – This is her. and these are her socks.
16. SIL – We married brothers. Sometimes, we just let people assume we’re sisters because…well, we are.
On the needles:
19. The Rocket Scientist – She’s right most of the time and excels at talking me off ledges when my ocd gets a tad less mild.